I spent my internship at Triumph Studios where I worked on the Necromancer DLC and improvements for the base game. The main feature I was responsible for was the Cosmic Marvels or cosmic happenings.
I worked on:
- Cosmic Happenings: The Cosmic Marvels are random events that affect the map and the players. I designed a system that allows for more difficult events to happen later in the game. These settings can be ajusted to have a more challenging game. I also designed the individual events and how long they would last. I handled the feedback from the beta testers and looked into ways their feedback could be implemented.
- Grey Guard and Torchbearer specializations: The inital design was done by Elina Huisman. I gave feedback on how some of the individual skills could be improved.
- Shadowborn specialization: The inital design was done by Elina Huisman. I gave feedback on how some of the individual skills could be improved.
- Mythical city upgrades: The initial design for the DLC structures was done by Jimi Hendrix. I designed the mythical city upgrades for some of the structures. An example is Artica’s Embassy; the player can build this structure if he has cleared a hall of forefathers is his domain. Once build, Artica’s Embassy grands the production of Yeties in the city.
- Scenario map: The scenario map will be part of the new Necromancer DLC and was made together with Elina Huisman. The map features three teams of 2 players and boss fights.